Does having hard water spots impede your vision while driving? Are having hard water spots a sore look for your eyes? Does it seem that no matter how much scrubbing and elbow grease you use the water spots never seem to disappear. If you experience any of the before mentioned, you are not alone. Water spots are a nuisance when it comes to detailing your vehicle. Often times you will notice them after you leave your car out to air dry.
Water spots develop on a car’s surface from impurities in the air and the water being used to wash your vehicle. When you notice the hard water spots on any surface it means the water that is being used contains large amounts of minerals, such as limestone, calcium, and magnesium. Specifically, for the exterior of your vehicle, much of the problem is attributed to the high level of calcium within the water.
Nothing can be more aggravating since water spots can seem hard to remove. It is important to remember that time is of the essence. Removing the hard water spots immediately after it has happened is going to be a lot easier than trying to remove it after it’s been allowed to sit in the hot sun for hours or even days.
Listed below are five preventative tactics to use to avoid hard water spots.
AVOIDING THE SPOTS
- One of the first things you can do to protect your car is to use a good quality wax so that the hard water spots won’t be able to damage your car.
- Remove water from the finish of the car before it can dry and potentially leave a water spot. One way that you can prevent water spots from forming is to not dry it under the sun.
- Instead of using the harsh water, you should use a waterless car wash. Waterless wash works by cleaning your car and giving it that professional quality washing treatment without using water.
- It may be necessary to use a polish or mild polishing compound to prevent the hard water spots.
- Sealants and other products can help protect your car paint from damage from water spots. Many sealants work by preventing water droplets from beading up the car; instead, the water sheets away from the car, preventing water droplets from forming.
Swirls, scratches and water spots are the three most common paint defects car enthusiasts struggle with when it comes to removing them and preventing them from coming back. Preventing hard water spots is a tedious task in itself and at time you will want to call on the assistance of professional detailers. DetailXPerts provides a revolutionary patent pending car steam cleaning technology to help you get unseen results on your vehicles, schedule your appointment today.