You have probably heard that a car wash business is a very profitable one due to the astronomical number of vehicles that need to get cleaned on a daily basis. Yes, you are right, considering that 80% of Americans love their cars but lack the time to maintain their beauty and value. But in order to assure the profitability of your business, you need to consider which auto detailing products to invest in. Below is a list that may help you out.
The Startup’s Guide to Auto Detailing Products
I understand your enthusiasm to fill your auto detailing products storage to the brim. But here’s one thing you have to keep in mind: you cannot expect an immediate return of investment for the money you spend on those products. Thus, care must be implemented to prevent you from investing too much on products that you do not actually need. Listed below are the products that every startup car wash business owner like you must have:
Auto Detailing Products: Tools and Equipment
Auto detailing tools and equipment are the mainstays of your business. Initially, you will need to invest a lot on these auto detailing products, but in time, the profits that you will earn from these will more than compensate for that investment.
- Air blow out gun. This gun has enough power to force dust, debris and water from hard to reach areas, thus cutting cleaning time.
- Steam pressure washer. This removes dirt and grime from the engine and under-chassis faster and more efficiently.
- Extractor. This makes carpet and upholstery cleaning easier. A forward action will apply soap to the carpet or upholstery while a backward stroke removes the soap and dirt.
- Steam cleaner. Steam cleaner removes stubborn dirt and stains on carpets and upholstery, sanitizes dashboards, windows and side walls.
- Rotary buffer. This can get rid of imperfections on a car’s painted surface like minor scratches and etching. Get one that has different speed controls. You have two options: pneumatic (powered by an air compressor) or electric.
- Brushes and applicators. You will need an assortment of brushes of varying stiffness and handle lengths and different grades of sponges and wash mitts.
- Towels. Towels are also a must for detailing. Since you will need plenty of these, you can buy by the bulk.
- Wet and dry vacuum. The best vacuums for detailing are those that have 5 hp or higher, operate quietly and have filters that you can find and buy easily.
Auto Detailing Products for Cleaning and Polishing
These are the auto detailing products that you have to replenish over time and may even cost more than all your tools and equipment in the long run. For this reason, you must research for providers who can sell at discounted prices. Since you will be using these auto detailing products on a daily basis, try to get eco friendly ones that will not pose any dangers to you and your clients’ health and the environment as well. Where applicable, buy these products in their concentrated form as they are cheaper when you dilute these yourself.
- Concentrated tire and wheel cleaner
- Carpet and upholstery shampoo and extractor shampoo
- Odor remover
- Leather and vinyl cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Tar, bug and sap remover
- Chrome polish
- Detailing clay
- Wax (carnauba and synthetic)
- Leather conditioner
- Interior and exterior vinyl dressing
In case you would like to learn more about the car wash business or would like to consider buying a franchise, visit DetailXPerts Franchise website for more details.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!