To give vehicles that highly coveted longer lasting shine, we at DetailXPerts continue to seek for the best car wax year after year. Auto detailing manufacturers launch new products or upgrade existing ones, so we deem it best to review them periodically.
Understand that waxing your car helps protect it against the harsh elements like sunlight, rain, and snow. It also helps your car look brand new, increase its value and extend its functionality as well. Prevention is better than cure, so it is advisable to start waxing your new car regularly so you can preserve its shine until its later years.
We checked out some of the most popular waxes available today to find the best ones. Our criteria: durability, efficiency, and eco-friendliness.
Best Car Wax: DetailXPerts Top 5
1) Mothers California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax Paste – Vehicles shine like new after using this car wax. It is made with Brazilian yellow carnauba wax for superior shine and protection. You can also apply more than one coat so you can be sure that your vehicle is well protected.
2) Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore Carnauba Paste Wax – This wax is made of 47% Brazilian Carnauba. It is formulated with polymers to allow for layering and creating the deepest, wettest, glossiest shine on your vehicle. It’s easier to apply than other waxes. Costs $19.99 per tub
3) Green Clean Automotive Quick Wax – Made from bio-based ingredients like corn and carnauba. It’s free of harsh solvents, alcohols or VOCs, so it’s one of the best car wax products when it comes to protection and shine. For around $22, it is extremely easy to use and will only take 50% of your time as compared to traditional car waxes.
4) Harly Wax – At $35 per tub, it is a tad costlier than the others, but considering that it can be used for all multi-stage, metallic and clear coat finishes, then the extra cost, we think, is reasonable. It is made from 100% pure No. 1 Yellow Carnauba Wax and contains no cleaners, powders or abrasives. Our detailers say that this car wax is easy to apply and to polish off.
5) Eco Touch Quick Wax – At $14.99 for a 24 oz bottle, this has a simple spray-wipe-and buff application. So if you are someone who doesn’t have the hours to spend waxing your vehicle, then this might be the best car wax for you. It has carnauba wax and beeswax to ensure serious protection and a glossy finish. This is also great for beginners since it’s very easy and straightforward to use. The downside: it does not give the same dazzling shine as the other paste waxes.
Whichever car wax product you choose, remember to check the label. It is highly recommended that you follow instructions carefully. Get more tips about waxing your car here.
If you would really want that optimum shine for your car but do not have the time to do it yourself, schedule a Presidential Detailing appointment with us. It includes steam cleaning, car waxing, and more. Rest assured that we will take care of your car and give it the TLC it deserves.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!