Washing your car’s windows is a very important part of vehicle cleaning and maintenance.
At times, while washing the car, we fail to give due importance in cleaning the car’s windows. This negligence can certainly cost us a lot in due time. Dirty windows definitely lead to safety issues as they can only lead to hazy vision and can cause glare while driving. This can cause eye strain that may lead to car crashes and accidents.
It is very important to clean the front windshield because it affects the way you drive. More so if you are a smoker. Nicotine can build up and develop a thick haze that can greatly affect your vision. Even if you don’t smoke without regular upkeep a film will still develop from factors such as exhaust, gas fumes, etc.
Thus, clean car windows will definitely help reduce glare and enhance your visibility while driving.
Washing Your Car’s Windows
- Start with a good quality glass cleaner. You can also use alcohol, mechanical or citric acid cleaner for this purpose.
- Avoid over spraying the interior of your vehicle. Spray the cleaner onto a paper towel.
- Start with the driver and passenger windows. Clean them with the spray and then dry them using a paper towel.
- You should not ignore the window corners. Streaks and smears are mainly found in these areas.
- Sit on the passenger seat and clean the inside of the windshield.
- Make sure to roll windows about two inches down. This way you can get to the very top of the glass.
- Back windows can be difficult to clean.Give your towel a good spray, then drape it at the back of your hand, instead of the inside of your hand.
Washing your car’s windows is necessary for keeping your car tidy and spotlessly clean. If your busy schedule does not give you time for car cleaning, you can take the help of professional detailing experts.