Glass coating is a resin that provides a hard, durable, and shiny barrier for paint protection. Due to the popularity of this product, many auto detailing product brands have released their own glass coating. 22ple is a company that specializes in glass coating. Today we have chosen their “22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating” product to review. Is it an effective product? Let’s find out.
What is 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating?
22ple products are designed using the latest low volatile content silicone technology. The higher the silica content, the better the product will be. VX3 Signature Glass Coating is marketed at a lower price than its counterparts such as VX Pro and VX Pro 2 because its silica content is low. However, that does not affect the superb quality of the product. Manufacturers recommend this product for vehicle owners who are new to the concept of glass coating. According to them, once you see the amazing results, you can upgrade to one of the better 22ple products.
What are the special features of this product?
- This product comes in two sizes; 30ml for $74.99 and 50ml for $109.99. The former is better for a single application but with some experience, you can stretch it to two or more applications. The latter gives you best value for the money as it can be used for multiple applications.
- The manufacturer’s guarantee for this product is a maximum of two years.
- It can be used on painted surfaces, plastic and bare metals.
- Manufacturers also guarantee an amazing level of gloss, ease of maintenance and chemical resistance.
How to apply VX3 glass coating?
- Please note that the “22ple Glass Coat Applicator (Double Sided) should be purchased separately at $5.99. You can also use other brands of applicators for this purpose.
- First clean the paint surface properly to remove contaminants followed by polishing with an abrasive compound.
- Wipe down the surface with a mixture of 50% Isopropyl Alcohol and 50% distilled water to get rid of any oil/polish residues. Let the surface dry and cool completely.
- Apply a small amount of VX3 coating to the applicator and work it into the paint, two sections at a time. Leave it for 5-7 minutes, then use a quality microfiber towel to buff the surface. Use another towel to remove any residue. If you encounter an area with dried coating before buffing, apply glass coating again and buff.
- Let it cure in a shade – without being exposed to any elements such as water, rain, snow, etc. – for 8-12 hours.
- After that the car is ready to be driven but it takes 5 days for the coating to fully cure.
- Do not reuse the applicator pads as they can damage the paint.
- If you want to apply a second layer, let the first layer cure for a minimum of 12 hours.
How effective is this product?
22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating does live up to the claims of its manufacturer. It gives an amazing gloss to the paint and beads water better than any other similar product we have used. The instructions are easy to follow so it is great for a DIY glass coating application job, hence you can save about $400 by foregoing a professional service. We expect at least a year of durability because of the exceptional hardness of the coating. With a 50ml bottle, we expect to cover at least 5 vehicles. It is definitely more expensive than the competition but less expensive than other 22ple products. We recommend 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating to anyone who wants to witness the amazing features of glass coating as there are no cons to mention.
We invite you to post any comments, questions and suggestions regarding 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating. Also, don’t forget to schedule a detailing appointment with us because we can give your vehicle the care and attention it deserves.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!